INTERACT® Version 4.0 Tools
Version 4.0 Tools have been improved based on ongoing user feedback, and to facilitate incorporation into electronic health records and other forms of health information technology. Important changes include:
1. The SBAR Communication Form and Progress Note has been substantially revised to make it a more comprehensive and user-friendly nursing evaluation that helps guide and document critical thinking in an efficient way. Changes have been made to several areas of terminology in response to user concerns and suggestions.
2. The criteria for notifying the clinician have been made more consistent between the Decision Support Tools (Change in Condition File Cards and Care Paths), and these criteria are now included in the revised SBAR.
3. The Stop and Watch early warning tool has been revised to facilitate its use in routine monitoring of high risk residents by adding a checkbox for “no change”.
4. The Advance Care Planning Tracking Tool has been revised to include brief documentation of discussions, which are often not clearly communicated over time or during care transitions.
5. The Quality Improvement Tool for review of acute care transfers has been updated based on review of over 5,000 Tools to be more inclusive of changes in condition that contribute to transfer, as well as those conditions that CMS considers “potentially preventable” hospitalizations.
6. The Implementation Guide has been updated to include all the changes.
Overview of the INTERACT™ QIP
- INTERACT Version 4.0 Tool Table
- Overview of the INTERACT Program in Everyday Care
- INTERACT Implementation Guide
- INTERACT Implementation Checklist
Quality Improvement Tools
Tracking Hospitalization Rates
- Acute Care Transfer Log – Worksheet
- Calculating Hospitalization Rates
- Hospitalization Rate Tracking Tool for 2019
- Tracking Tool Instructions
- Tracking Tool Trouble Shooting
Quality Improvement Reviews – Root Cause Analyses
For Communication Within the Nursing Home
- Stop and Watch Early Warning Tool
- Stop and Watch Early Warning Tool – Spanish
- Stop and Watch Early Warning Tool – Creole
- SBAR Communication Form
- Medication Reconciliation Worksheet for Post-Hospital Care
For Communication Between the Nursing Home and Hospital
- Engaging Your Hospitals – Tip Sheets
- SNF/NF Capabilities List
- SNF/NF – Hospital Transfer Form
- SNF/NF – Hospital Data List
- Acute Care Transfer Checklist
- Hospital – Post-Acute Transfer Form
- Hospital – Post-Acute Data List
Decision Support Tools: Change in Condition File Cards and Care Paths
Acute Change in Condition File Cards
- Acute Mental Status Change
- Change in Behavior: New or Worsening Behavioral Symptoms
- GI Symptoms – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Shortness of Breath
- Symptoms of CHF
- Symptoms of Lower Respiratory Illness
- Symptoms of UTI